This learning package aims for you to:
- Consider how you might feel if you were caring for someone in your own family or a close friend
- Think about the ways we can create a genuine ‘partnership’ with relatives and friends and how to make people feel welcomed and involved
- Become more interested in and curious about how individual family members and friends might bring in new skills, interests and experiences into the community of the care home or the day service.
- Explore the ways in which communication between team members and families can be helped or blocked, and how misunderstandings might be avoided
- Understand the difference between ‘including’, ‘nurturing’ and ‘consulting’ people, evaluate how well you think you are doing in these three areas and what you might want to improve
How long does it take?
Duration: 1 hour
- The video presentation and debriefing questions will take approximately 1 hour.