This learning package aims for you to:
- Examine what the concept of freedom means to us as individuals.
- Define what freedom may mean to a person living with a dementia.
- Explore the concept of malignant social psychology and how its different forms negatively impact upon the well-being of people.
- Identify the controlling actions and behaviours in your own care setting and how they are tolerated or challenged.
- Be able to challenge pre-conceived ideas about how people living with a dementia should behave.
- Identify actions we need to take in ourselves and with colleagues to enable people living with a dementia to live a life where they experience the freedom to be themselves.
How long does it take?
Duration: 3.5 hours
- The video presentation and debriefing questions will take approximately 1 hour.
- Reading and completing the question in the self-reflection exercise should take approximately 1 hour.
- Reading the journal articles and recording your reflective responses should take approximately 1.5 hours.
There are no reviews yet.